While at the Lanvin showroom in Paris I spotted the prettiest pair of glittery soled stilettos (seen here) and have been thinking about them ever since. I love a touch of understated glamour and these were too perfect for a casual look in need of some subtle bling. So I got to work on a rainy day and wore them the next day—see what I paired them with! Below is a simple tutorial with a few tips I picked up during my glittery project.
 Step 1: Tape the bottoms where the outsole arch ends. I made a V-shape on mine.
 Step 2: Get the essentials—Paint brushes, decoupage and sealing glue, glitter and tape.
 Step 3: Paint on the glue with a paintbrush, cover with glitter and shake off over a nearby sink. Be extra careful along the edges so it doesn’t look sloppy later.
 Step 4: Once dry paint on another layer of the glue/seal.
 Tip: I did the inside of the heel as well and loved how it turned out.
Step 5: Once they’re dry tap them a little to make sure the glitter is on there good… or you can leave a sparkly trail for a little while.
 Tip: To clean up the edges and bottom I took a damp cloth and lightly picked up stray glitters and used scotch tape to pick up any glue debris.

Inés |

Wow; I love Lanvin shoes, and now I can made myself a similar pair! Great idea…those heels looks stunning!

Big hugs!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Krissy B |

Oh my gosh, I need these in my life!! Now, which heels do I attack? Or better yet, which heels do I attack FIRST!

Wonderful idea and tutorial; look forward to giving it a go!

xo.

Vida |

What a great idea, they look amazing! Love the shade of glitter you chose, it keeps it from looking tacky

Maria |

I would have never thought of this on my own, but this is SO amazing. I love subtile hints of bling anywhere!

Lisa Lisa Lisa |

This is so cute! It could really dress up sad, black shoes that get little attention.
I do have something to add though.. Glitter can clog sinks (trust me!!!). So maybe shake them out over something else (not the sink!).

Anonymous |

I just did this for a semi-formal that I have coming up, I am SO excited to wear them!

mehidi hasan |

Yes this blog are really good for us and your post is very good.We can know from this blog what

is fashion it can be women/men.Human are looking beautiful in cloths such asWomen’s Blouses,Women’s T-Shirts, Totes
, Women’s Skirts, Women’s Tank Tops & Camisoles, Women’s Pants, Women’s Capes & Ponchos,Women’s Vests, Women’s Dresses, Women’s Shoes,Original Hand bags & Totes. We know women’s is a role

model of beautiful.That is why our main concern are women’s.

Chelsea |

This is soo great, and just in time for a wedding I have next week :). Question, did you find the sparkles fell off at all after you wore them for a while? I don’t want to leave a trail, lol. Any ideas how to seal it in really well so they are durable?

Great post!! Thanks for sharing.

10 Fabulous DIY Shoe Makeovers |

[…] Give shoes, which are ready to be thrown out, a new life by adding a subtle bling on the sole of the shoe. The bottom of the shoe can get easily destroyed and make perfectly fine shoes to look almost unwearable. With a touch of glitter you can fix or even improve your worn out shoes. […]

Pinterest DIYs You Must Try - House of Marbury |

[…] DIY Miu Miu Jewel Heels.  With holiday festivities right around the corner, a girl needs to have some sparkle in her wardrobe.  So, short of spending thousands of dollars on shoes with diamonds, check out this Miu Miu jeweled shoe DIY.  All you need is glue, your favorite pair of black heels and some rhinestones from a local craft store.  At the very least, go for a glitter sole! […]

DIY Shoe Makeover Ideas - DIYCraftsGuru |

[…] Glittery Soles: While at the Lanvin showroom in Paris I spotted the prettiest pair of glittery soled stilettos (seen here) and have been thinking about them ever since. I love a touch of understated glamour and these were too perfect for a casual look in need of some subtle bling. So I got to work on a rainy (via Could I have that?) […]