Everyday

EverydayIn my family, flaws and imperfections are joked about (endlessly) but also embraced. One of my many quirky attributes are my size 9-feet that seem to have a life of their own and are slightly out of proportion with my toothpick legs. As a kid they were always two steps ahead of my growth spurts and my fashion choices (short overalls and pump up sneakers) didn’t alleviate my dramatically varying limbs. My siblings eventually gave my boat feet their own name, “the hobbit foot” and it stuck. It makes us all laugh, especially when I decide to use a family member as a foot rest. I sometimes have wished for smaller feet but remember all the giggles they provoke and somehow don’t mind living with them every day.

Helmut Lang leather pants, Boden sweater, Levi’s jean jacket, Super sunglasses, Celine bag, Carrie Hoffman edge ring, converse.Everyday
EverydayEverydayEverydayEverydayEverydayPhotography by Arna Bee

Nan // Simply Elegant |

I am right there with you about having unusually large feet! When I was younger I used to hate it, but now I just try and embrace it! But it does make shoe shopping a bit more difficult..

josephine |

i don’t think that they look that big in the pictures, but i don’t know :). i don’t think it’s something bad though! love the outfit, navy stripes are always good looking!

kelsey |

haha, i am over here with a size 10 so i feel your pain! just be lucky you’re still a 9, thin legs or no! 🙂 we also always get the good shoes on sale because no one else fits them!
ladies in navy

Abby |

Hahah I’m the complete opposite and have itty bitty feet (size 6)! Everyone says I have baby feet!

Monica M |

I have a decidedly average foot size, a 7, and more often than not, 7 is the size that’s sold out! Sometimes I wish I wore a 9! Cute outfit as always. 🙂

anne |

thanks for this great honest post! you always look like perfection :).

Jody Winter |

I’m almost 6 feet tall and solidly-built with broad shoulders and large boobs but I have size 8.5 feet! I always thought them to be a tad small! I also have weirdly small hands but very long arms and legs. Took me a while for all of this to make sense but at 42 it finally does.

Lisa |

I’ll never forget 8th grade when Rachel Trovner (made up name) harassed me E.V.E.R.Y day about my big feet! Such a mean girl! Well I did finally grow into my feet as I’m pretty tall, but man my feet were a big deal for a while!