Now that we’re knee deep in the sunniest season, I wanted to share some of the pieces I’ve been wearing the most and depending on. Summer is a casual season, so finding those pieces that can elevate a basic look can make an instant upgrade. The continuing trend in my world these days, all that’s light and bright. Here are the favorites of the moment.
1. White pants are a no brainer this time of year. I ditched my skinny styles and opted for a wide leg, frayed style and now I can’t stop wearing them.
2. Easy white blouses. The breezier the better. I practically live in the ones I have pairing them with distressed jeans or linen pants. I’ve had my eye on this one.
3. If you caught this post on my instagram recently, you know I love a good hat. During the summer months I wear hats the most, for sun protection and to hide crazy beach hair. The style I’ve been the most into this summer has been a boater hat. I love the vintage vibe it has and how easily it tops most summery looks.
4. Light framed sunglasses have a way of enhancing a tan but I also love the quintessential summer vibe they put off. Nude (loving this frame) has been my shade of choice lately but I’ve been searching for a great white pair—like this pair by Gentle Monster.
5. I resisted getting a white handbag for a while, afraid it would get thrashed and dirty in a matter of minutes. But I fell in love with a pretty bright Celine one and was given a tip—give your white leather three coats of this protector spray and you’re good to go. The Celine bag came home with me and I’ve been wearing it non-stop since. This white Gucci though is currently on my wish list.
Photography by Jacqueline Pilar